I am working on an Adobe Illustrator JavaScript and need to load data from a CSV file on my computer as an array into the script so I can work with them later (everything Is happening on my computer, and nothing happens online/web browser.) I need every line of the text in the CSV to be separated in the array, and then I need to separate the words in the line into an array so that I have an array of arrays in the end. Each line has three variables which get fed into a function that has to happen for each line.
The error I am getting from the code below says:
'Error 25: Expected: ;. -> let reader = new FileReader();'
var csv = Folder ("Path to my csv file");
function processData(csvFile) {
let reader = new FileReader();
reader.readAsText(csvFile);
reader.onload = function(event) {
var allText = reader.result;
};
const allTextLinesArr = allText.toString().split(/\r\n|\n/);
var alen = allTextLinesArr.length;
const allTextLinesArrArr = [];
for (var i=1; i<=alen; i++) {
allTextLinesArrArr[i-1] = allTextLinesArr[i-1].split(",");
}
for (var i=1; i<=alen; i++) {
doStuff(allTextLinesArrArr[i-1][0],allTextLinesArrArr[i-1][1],allTextLinesArrArr[i-1][2]);
}
}