I would like to automate duplicating a class from a parent div to each separate child span based on a word.
As an example: parent div contains the following classes: grid-item tag-street-style tag-slender tag-classic tag-navy tag-grey tag-white is-loaded
I would like to duplicate any classes within the parent div with the precursor "tag-" and place them into each separate child span. In this case, the parent div contains the classes with the initial "tag-" word: tag-street-style tag-slender tag-classic tag-navy tag-grey tag-white
Some other parent divs will contain other classes that contain the initial word "tag-"
The "tag-" classes can be different in other parent divs but there will always be 5 "tag-" classes. As an example, a different parent div may contain the following classes with the initial "tag-" word: tag-smart-style tag-casual tag-modern tag-red tag-black tag-green
I already have a code snippet but this is locked in to 5 specific "tag-" classes. Here is the code:
let classMap = {
"tag-street-style": ".colour-tag-1",
"tag-slender": ".colour-tag-2",
"tag-navy": ".colour-tag-3",
"tag-grey": ".colour-tag-4",
"tag-white": ".colour-tag-5",
};
I would like the first "tag-" class identified within the parent div to be duplicated into "colour-tag-1" within the first child span.
Then I would like the second "tag-" class identified within the parent div to be duplicated into "colour-tag-2" within the second child span.
Then I would like the third "tag-" class identified within the parent div to be duplicated into "colour-tag-3" within the third child span.
Then I would like the fourth "tag-" class identified within the parent div to be duplicated into "colour-tag-4" within the fourth child span.
Then I would like the fifth "tag-" class identified within the parent div to be duplicated into "colour-tag-5" within the fifth child span.
$(document).ready( function() {
$(".grid-item .grid-meta-wrapper").each(function(e){
$(this).append('<div class="product-view-item-colour-tags"><span class="product-view-item-colour-tag colour-tag-1">tag1</span><span class="product-view-item-colour-tag colour-tag-2">tag2</span><span class="product-view-item-colour-tag colour-tag-3">tag3</span><span class="product-view-item-colour-tag colour-tag-4">tag4</span><span class="product-view-item-colour-tag colour-tag-5">tag5</span></div>');
});
let classMap = {
"tag-street-style": ".colour-tag-1",
"tag-slender": ".colour-tag-2",
"tag-navy": ".colour-tag-3",
"tag-grey": ".colour-tag-4",
"tag-white": ".colour-tag-5",
};
for (let cls in classMap) {
document.querySelector(classMap[cls]).classList.add(cls);
}
});
<style>
.tag-street-style {
background-color: purple;
}
.tag-slender {
background-color: red;
}
.tag-navy {
background-color: blue;
}
.tag-grey {
background-color: grey;
}
.tag-white {
background-color: black;
color: white;
}
.tag-red {
background-color: black;
color: red;
}
.tag-black {
background-color: white;
color: black;
}
.tag-green {
background-color: black;
color: green;
}
</style>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.3.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<div class="grid-item tag-street-style tag-slender tag-classic tag-navy tag-grey tag-white is-loaded">
<section class="grid-meta-wrapper">
<div class="grid-main-meta">
<div class="grid-title"> T-Shirt </div>
<div class="grid-prices">
<div class="product-price">
<span>12.99</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="grid-meta-status"></div>
</section>
</div>
<br><br><br>
<div class="grid-item tag-smart-style tag-casual tag-modern tag-red tag-black tag-green is-loaded">
<section class="grid-meta-wrapper">
<div class="grid-main-meta">
<div class="grid-title"> T-Shirt </div>
<div class="grid-prices">
<div class="product-price">
<span>12.99</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="grid-meta-status"></div>
</section>
</div>