RabbitMQ message rates for the past hour

Viewed 30

How can I get information about message rates for the past hour?

Like this Management Plugin:

enter image description here

I tried:

http://server:XXXXX/api/overview?msg_rates_age=3600&msg_rates_incr=60

enter image description here

I don't understand what those "samples" numbers mean? How to get correct 100...120 like "rate"?

1 Answers

The sample statistic is defined as:

Snapshots showing how the value has changed over the requested time period.

Here, the value is the item you are measuring to get your rate.

So, for example, in your case, there are 474673496 messages in the "publish" category - and that total number has been changing over time, as given by each of the sample and timestamp pair of values. The sample number (messages total) decreases as you go further back in time, with each previous timestamp.

(The timestamps are given as milliseconds since the Unix epoch. So 1658595600000 is Saturday, July 23, 2022 5:00:00 PM GMT.)

You can use this data to see how the rate has changed over sampling periods.


Some documentation for this can be found here:

RabbitMQ Management HTTP Stats

This documentation is for an older version of Rabbit (v3.6.9) - so there may be an updated documentation page (if so I was not able to find it).


Update

The most recent documentation:

http://raw.githack.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-server/v3.10.6/deps/rabbitmq_management/priv/www/api/index.html

It is now a single consolidated page, instead of 2 separate pages.

Related