My understanding of programming languages is limited, I have started 'coding' with matlab and wanted to transfer a simulation of mine from matlab to julia because there is no licensing fee. What I would like to know is in MATLAB I can auto populate array without ever initializing an array, while I know it is an inefficient way to it, I would like to know if there is similar way to do it on Julia.
Ex in MATLAB
for a in 1:10
x(a)=a;
end
will give me an array x = [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10], is there a similar way to do that in julia? The way I have been doing it is declaring an empty array using Float64[] and append to it but it doesn't work the same way if the array is multidimensional.
my implementation in Julia for a 1D array
x = Float64[]
for a in 1:10
append!(x,a)
end
Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
