I am trying to install Docker Desktop for Windows and once I have completed the entire process as mentioned in their official documentation, including installing and enabling the wsl 2 on Windows. However, when I try to launch the application, nothing happens except for a process showing up in the task manager. Even the taskbar icon is not coming up. I have already browsed for information regarding this issue and tried the following solutions, but to no avail:
- Reinstalling Docker Desktop
- Removing the settings.json file in %APPDATA%\Roaming\Docker
- Running Docker Installer as Administrator
- Checking the WSL Feature in Windows Features is on.
- Installing an older version of Docker, on which the same issue persisted
System Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5521 running Windows 10 Pro (Version 21H1, Build 19043.1826) Intel i7 3rd gen processor, 16GB RAM Docker version 20.10.17, build 100c701
This is the log file generated: Docker generated Log file
Can someone please guide me regarding this.
Edit: When I installed docker on my friends computer, and running the wsl -l -v command, he gets 3 entries namely Ubuntu, Docker desktop and docker desktop data, but on my pc it is only showing Ubuntu