I am in the design phase, several of the microservices of my architecture depend on other external rest services.
how to share the logic of external services? should I create a shared library or create a service?
I am in the design phase, several of the microservices of my architecture depend on other external rest services.
how to share the logic of external services? should I create a shared library or create a service?
Normally it would be another microservice that would reside on layer 4 where:
Layer 1 - Clients
Layer 2 - BFF
Layer 3 - Business services and
Layer 4 - External services
Welcome to Stackoverflow! This is not a question that has a generic answer. The devil lies in the details (like so often). Some of the factors that a sane answer would depend on are:
Maybe those questions help you reason about your scenario. And if you would like to give us more information someone could add more thoughts about your specific scenario.