I have a raw data frame like this:
| ID | test 1 | test 2 | test 3 |
|---|---|---|---|
| A | 5 | 3 | 8 |
| B | 3 | 7 | 9 |
| A | 7 | 3 | 4 |
| A | 1 | 8 | 0 |
| B | 6 | 3 | 7 |
I want to figure out whether ID A or B passed the test which would look like
| ID | test 1 | test 2 | test 3 |
|---|---|---|---|
| A | 5 (OK) | 3 (Fail) | 8 (Fail) |
| A | 7 (Fail) | 3 (OK) | 4 (Fail) |
| A | 1 (OK) | 8 (OK) | 0 (OK) |
| B | 6 (OK) | 3 (OK) | 7 (Fail) |
| B | 3 (Fail) | 7 (OK) | 9 (Fail) |
As you can see ID A passed each test at least 1 time so its final judgement is "OK" but for ID B it never passed the test 3 so its final judgement would be fail.
Now using my lazy, inefficient brain, the logic of the code would be:
- check the duplicates on ID column and save the rows that shares same ID
- check the test results by columns (test 1 , test 2 and test 3) -> I am pretty sure how to write the codes for this part
- run through each test result and if each test was passed at least once then good to go, but if not highlight the ID
I am not simply asking any one of you to write a code for me, but instead I would really appreciate if someone could let me know any function that can be applied to this matter.
THANKS!