Issue found : missing independent security review on your data safety form

Viewed 3503

We found an issue in the following area(s):

Policy Declaration—Data Safety Section

image

2 Answers

The "App content" menu item in the Google Play console menu has a "Data Safety" section that contains a page "Data collection and security" where there is a question:

"Is your app currently certified by an authorized lab, according to the Mobile Application Security Assessment (MASA) framework?"

It is explained like this:

Performing regular security testing can help developers identify key vulnerabilities in their apps. Google Play will allow developers who have completed independent validation to showcase this on their Data safety section. This helps users feel more confident about an app's commitment to security and privacy.

You should answer "No" to this question unless you actually have contracted an authorized lab and received an independent validation.

Screenshot from Google Play console

This seems to be a Google mistake.

In my case, I contacted the Google Customer Center and requested to cancel the matter.

I had two apps, both had the same situation as above. Fortunately, one has been resolved, but the rest seem to remain.

I hope Google will fix this soon. I was worried for a few days because of the warning email,

but it would be better for everyone to contact the customer center below. Google should make this point.

-Google Support-

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/?hl=ko#topic=3450769

Related