I want to have various cells that have a dropdownlist to show/hide certain rows
I have the following table
If I select A2 (dropdownlist with AMERICAS_a and AMERICAS_s), with the _s option, I want to hide only rows 3 to 6
If I select A7 (dropdownlist with EUROPE_a and EUROPE_s), with the _s option, I want to hide only rows 8 to 12
I am using an Appscript which works only for 1 of the continent. I want to make it work for any of the Watchcell
function onEdit(a) {
var watchSheet = "Sheet1";
var watchCell = "A2";
var sheet = a.range.getSheet();
if (sheet.getName() !== watchSheet ||
a.range.getA1Notation() !== watchCell) {
return;
}
sheet.hideRows(2, 5);
switch (a.value) {
case "AMERICAS_a":
sheet.showRows(2, 5);
break;
case "AMERICAS_s":
sheet.showRows(2, 1);
break;
default:
}
}
But I am unsure how to add A7 as another watchcell. I have repeated the function onEdit(e) but only the last onEdit function works.
