Problem with QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES in play console

Viewed 2210

i have an APP published in play store. This APP has a lib that uses the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission.

So, i remove this permission in my AndroidManifest.xml

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES" tools:node="remove"
    tools:ignore="QueryAllPackagesPermission" />

After that i uploaded a new version to the play console, but it still keeps saying that the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission is present.

My new build: 3603 enter image description here enter image description here Note that the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission does not exist in this build

It seems that somehow the problem is still being associated with the previous version where it still had the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission.

enter image description here

ps: BUILD 3494 is a older build

In short, I can't upload a version with updated permissions, because it still asks to fill in the form to use QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES, even removing this permission.

can anyone help?

2 Answers

I had the same issue as well, I ended up following this user's recommendation Updating an app that has sensitive permissions on the Google Play Console . I checked the app functionality, in the description I said I didn't need the functionality anymore with my newest release. I uploaded a bogus youtube video link. After about 5 min I was able to release the newest version without the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission.

Related