I have a web application and a Google Docs add-on that work together. The Docs add-on passes the web application the Google Drive file id of the Doc it's currently running in.
My web application needs to be able to be able to access/download the file content. I want the web application to use the drive.file scope, so that would require the user to authorize the web application access to the file in Google Drive.
I haven't found any APIs which let me request the user authorize the web app permission to a known file id. I could use the File Picker API, but then the user has to find the file in their Drive (annoying user experience given we already know the file and prone to errors).
Is there any way we can just redirect the user to a Google Drive URL where it asks them to confirm they want to open the file with my web app? Or to preselect the file in the File Picker?