I am facing a major problem in installing Kubeflow locally on my Windows 10 Machine.
Machine Specs - OS: Windows 10, RAM: 16GB
Approaches Tried To Install
Microk8s - Not Successful
I get Cannot Install MicroK8s properly, due to “MicroK8s not found error”, along with instance crashing.
MiniKube + Vagrant with VirtualBox - Partially Successful
“Vagrant up” is very slow. And sometimes when I manage to open the Kubeflow console locally it crashes after running a couple of experiments. Errors arise from time-to-time and it is hard to pinpoint as to why they occur.
Kind - Not Successful
Out-dated docs and tutorials. Old commands don’t work and the manifests have been moved to another repo.
K3s - Not Successful
Cannot install manifests as it has been moved to another repo. And no updated docs directing as to how we can install it.
Resources Referred:
- https://kirenz.github.io/codelabs/codelabs/kubeflow-install/#4
- https://www.kubeflow.org/docs/components/pipelines/installation/localcluster-deployment/
- https://github.com/kubeflow/manifests
- And official doc of all the Approaches taken
Digging deep what I found was that some guides say that Kubeflow 1.5.0 is not compatible with version 1.22 and onwards. And as of now there are no older releases for Kubernetes(lower than 1.22) in the official site. Is this the root cause for the issues that I am facing?
Are there any other way to install and setup Kubeflow locally for Windows? It is hard to find a guide/tutorial or a video which is not outdated.