Navigation not being generated for spawned Instanced Static Meshes Unless Moved In Editor

Viewed 144

I currently have an actor that procedurally generates Instanced Static Meshes to create a "dungeon" as part of the construction script (calls a custom event in the event graph). If I place the actor in a level, the navigation mesh volume will generate navigation on the Instanced Static Meshes, however, if I spawn the actor into the level it does not. If I spawn the actor at the start of the level and then simulate the level, I can then drag to move the actor, which then results in the navigation being built on the Instanced Static Meshes.

I've tested this with just a simple actor that spawns a single Instanced Static Mesh from the ConstructionScript node and it has the exact same behavior. I have the navigation mesh runtime generation setting set to dynamic.

I've attached an image showing a white box (Static Mesh), a checkered box (an actor that spawns Instanced Static Mesh that has been placed in the level), and the larger area (my actor that is spawned on BeginPlay of the level). The left image is how it appears as soon as the level is loaded, and the right is after I have dragged to move the generation actor in the editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Before and after moving the actor in editor

0 Answers
Related