I'm making a game with unity 2022 and was struggling to make this animator [bool turn true] after entering a trigger and pressing "E". and then go false after still holding "E" still or not pressing it. also am struggling with Get Key stuff. it isn't working mate and I have been trying for hours at a time with struggles so yeah. this is my code. it's basically someone pressing a button (the object in unity I'm using), making it click until you click it again, please help this is for a school summer project!
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
class Fixedpress : MonoBehaviour
{
public Animator Tributton;
bool YUIp = false;
// Start is called before the first frame update
void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
{
if(other.tag == "player")
{
YUIp = true;
}
}
void OnTriggerStay(Collider other)
{
if (other.tag == "Player" && YUIp == true)
{
if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.E))
{
Tributton.SetBool("Fiveyon", true);
Debug.Log("THY");
}
else if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.E))
{
Tributton.SetBool("Fiveyon", false);
Debug.Log("THe");
}
else if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Return))
{
Tributton.SetBool("Fiveyon", false);
Debug.Log("THane");
}
}
}
void OnTriggerExit(Collider other)
{
if(other.tag == "Player")
{
YUIp = false;
}
}
}
I mostly need help with the press e code stuff to make work so yeah :D
thank you
sorry for the bad grammar its 3 am rn