This post is following my previous one -> How to turn Postman API's request into Apps Script code?
I'm trying to convert 3 API requests into a single piece of code via Google Apps Script. The purpose is to export automatically a set of data from my CRM platform into Google Sheet.
Based on my CRM platform documentation, I need to do 3 API requests in order to get the final set of data I want:
- Creating an export job (using a POST request)
- Retrieve the job status from previous request (using GET request)
- Retrieve the exported data (using GET request)
Below is the code for the 1st API request (kindly provided by Tanaike):
function exportjob() {
var url = 'https://api.intercom.io/export/content/data';
var options = {
"method": "post",
"headers": {
"Authorization": "Bearer 123456789",
"Accept": "application/json",
},
"contentType": "application/json",
"payload": JSON.stringify({
"created_at_after": 1654041600,
"created_at_before": 1656547200
})
}
var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url, options);
console.log(response.getContentText())
}
The result of this request is the following
Info {"job_identifier":"5gf58ty4y5y45229r", "status":"pending", "download_url":"", "download_expires_at":""}
Next step is to add the 2 other API requests in my script (Retrieve the job status and retrieve the data). However I have a couple of issues:
For the 2nd API request
- How do I include the job_identifier ID in my code? (given in the 1st request)
For the 3rd API request
- How do I retrieve the data with the URL provided in the 2nd API request?
- The data comes as ZIP file, how do I convert it to CSV so Google Sheet can open it?
- How do get the final set of data to be exported in a google sheet?
Apologies for the long post, I'm trying to summarize the documentation from my CRM platform as much as I can. Any help on how to retrieve the job POST and retrieve the set of data to a google sheet via CSV would be highly appreciated.
Thank you