Extension to keep annotations on arbitrary keywords

Viewed 30

I’ve looked through the VSCode extension store and other random searches but have been unable to find what I’m looking for. Before I dive into learning to write my own extension…

I am looking for a VSCode extension that will let me add keywords and custom annotations for those keywords in my code. In my head, specific words will be highlighted/underlined, and a small pop up will display notes that I have previously set for that keyword.

The primary use case is to remind me on specific use case or implications of particular keywords. For instance, if I use the default HTTP client in Golang, I’d like to be reminded that there is no default timeout.

The definition would look something like:

“definitions”: [  
    {
      “text”: “http.Get”,
      “comment”: “the default go http client does not have a timeout.”
    }
]

Upon adding this line to my code

*resp, err := http.Get("http://example.com/")

would highlight/underline http.Get and when I mouseover, I will get a custom reminder that “the default http client does not have a timeout.”

0 Answers
Related