Pipeline in GCP Dataflow on G1-small instance getting warning

Viewed 55

I have a scheduled pipeline on Dataflow (jdbc to BigQuery) set to run on g1-small instance.

A few jobs were ran, but there is a warning in the log of each job:

Running Dataflow jobs with shared-core instance types (g1-small, f1-micro) is not officially supported.

All the jobs have been finished with no error, but I still getting that warning. Has anyone faced the same warning?

1 Answers

As per your statement above, you are currently using g1-small shared-core machine type. I recommend you to use the n1 machine type for best results, as it is suggested by docs for best practice.

You can also go to this link to view the features of n1 machine types.

The Running Dataflow jobs with shared-core instance types (g1-small, f1-micro) is not officially supported. warning is an expected behaviour since f1 and g1 are not supported under Service Level Agreement of Dataflow.

Related