Is there a way I can define a custom refactoring in Visual Studio Code?

Viewed 35

It is possible to define custom snippets of code that VS Code can auto complete. These can even use place-holders so that one can fill in the blanks as required.

/* Before */

//=

/* After (for example) */

// [title]
//===============================

What I'm looking for is somewhat the next step up from that, where it can take a selection and replace it with a place-holder that contains that original code (having embedded place-holders is a plus too).

/* Before */
some.code();
where.I = am;
doing = stuff;

/* After (for example) */
some('surrounding code which contains the original code', () => {
  some.code();
  where.I = am;
  doing = stuff;
});

The above is just an example of what I want to achieve - the surrounding code could take any form.

0 Answers
Related