Is it possible to use SAML V2 from Blazor WebAssembly App?

Viewed 55

I can use easily Itfoxtec libraries to authenticate in SAML on a Blazor Server App in .Net 6.

But I don't know how to get a Blazor WebAssembly App work for SAML.

I have tried to adapt some parts like builder.Services.AddRemoteAuthentication on webassembly client part but without any success. As Microsoft documentation says, OpenId Connect seems to be the only way of using Authentication Library from WebAssembly: Secure an ASP.NET Core Blazor WebAssembly standalone app with the Authentication library

Hence, is it finally possible to configure a Blazor WebAssembly App for SAML?

1 Answers

It is not possible to secure a Blazor WebAssembly App with SAML 2.0.

You should use OpenID Connect instead. The best solution is to use an identity broker (like e.g. FoxIDs) to handle the SAML 2.0 communication and convert to OpenID Connect.

Related