I'm not really sure if for what I want one of the tools mentioned above would be a good choice, both sound like overkill but here's what I'm looking for:
I have a small (but likely long living) web-application I build with typescript in vs-code. I want to go without packages and libraries but with ES2022(ES015) JavaScript modules. I need one large main JS file that can use/load ES2022 modules. No problem there. The problem is, that I would like / need to split the large TS file into several smaller files for development. I could make modules out of them, but that would require loading a lot of files etc. I would like the larger main file automatically combined from the smaller parts every time I compile/transpile. Going with 'output-file' in tsconfic.json is not an option for me, as I need module-support too and that wouldn't work together.
I have never used either webpack or parcel, but I'm sure I can figure them out, but for now all my research has only brought up examples that built packages, or that would require me to change my workflow fundamentally.
I would go for just combining the files to one larger file by hand (or script) before each deployment and reference them all smaller in the page during development, but the Typescript-Compiler will run havoc on me, as it is expecting modules (even if I disable them in config the import-statement I need for my actual modules will do that...)
Does anyone have any idea or pointer how to solve that or is it even possible to use webpack for ts in vscode without node.js packaging?
(Sidenote: I'm not a huge fan of packaging, minifying etc. in general as I'm of the opinion that in most cases id ads a lot of complexity with little gain as mostly everything is transmitted gziped anyhow and investing a little in time optimizing media files mostly helps reduce a lot more... - still there are good use cases and I'm generally interested in the topic.)