Is it possible to generate multiple custom vertices using the Bundle Properties from Boost Graph Library?

Viewed 41

I'm trying to generate an application that solves the bipartite assignment problem via the auction algorithm with the boost graph library. I found it possible to characterize vertices and edges with multiple properties using the boundle properties. But since the auction algorithm envolve two types of entities, persons and items, I was wondering if there was the possibility of generating more than one characterization of vertices in order to suppor this distinction.

Thanks for the help.

1 Answers

This question is overly broad, but let me try to provide some helpful pointers.

But since the auction algorithm [i]nvolve two types of entities, persons and items, I was wondering if there was the possibility of generating more than one characterization of vertices in order to suppor[t] this distinction.

It think "But" can be dropped.

Answering the question, it seems obvious that you can include a type discriminator, like:

 struct VertexProperties {
      int multiple;
      std::string characterizing, properties;
      // for auction algorithm:
      bool isPersonEntity;
      // or e.g.
      enum {Person, Item} entityType;
 };

Here's several answers that show such classifications in action using BGL:

Related