I am building a docker image. Within it I am trying to install a number of python packages within one RUN. All packages within that command are installed correctly, but PyInstaller is not for some reason, although the build logs make me think that it should have been: Successfully installed PyInstaller
The minimal Dockerfile to reproduce the issue:
FROM debian:buster
RUN apt-get update && \
apt-get install -y \
python3 \
python3-pip \
unixodbc-dev
RUN python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir pyodbc==4.0.30 && \
python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir Cython==0.29.19 && \
python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir PyInstaller==3.5 && \
python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir selenium==3.141.0 && \
python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir bs4==0.0.1
RUN python3 -m PyInstaller
The last run command fails with /usr/bin/python3: No module named PyInstaller, all other packages can be imported as expected.
The issue is also reproducible with this Dockerfile:
FROM debian:buster
RUN apt-get update && \
apt-get install -y \
python3 \
python3-pip
RUN python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir PyInstaller==3.5
RUN python3 -m PyInstaller
What is the reason for this issue and what is the fix?
EDIT:
When I run the layer before the last RUN, I can see that no PyInstaller is installed, but I can run python3 -m pip install --no-cache-dir PyInstaller==3.5 and then it works without changing anything else.