I am working on my first React application which consumes a REST API. Certain information within the API isn't accessible unless authorized by logging in, and the API returns an HTTPOnly cookie as a response upon a successful POST request to the login endpoint; I'm using axios, to accomplish this. It's possible to view the cookie within the network tab of the browser and it also successfully logged to the console, but I'm unsure of how I can actually store the information returned from the API within my react app. The cookie vanishes from the browser when I leave the page after logging in. Is there a way I can implement this cookie into the React App's memory/state so it can be sent and used upon future requests in the application? I've scoured for a few days and seen various methods to access a returned JWT, but most of them include using LocalStorage which isn't secure or are from deprecated tutorials many years ago. After logging in, the JWT returned from the API will need to be sent back upon future requests, which will also be made using axios. All help is much appreciated.