Azure Function Service Bus - Managed Identity - Service Bus account connection string

Viewed 125

I've followed the azure guides on setting up a managed identity for Service Bus. I'm running into the following error:

Service Bus account connection string 'ServiceBusConnection' does not exist.

I do have the "connection" in the function.json listed as "ServiceBusConnection"

In the live metrics I get this error when sending from the queue.

Service Bus account connection string 'ServiceBus' does not exist. Make sure that it is a defined App Setting.

I do have in my settings for the function app and locally the following configuration:

"ServiceBusConnection_fullyQualifiedNamespace":"<xxxxx>.servicebus.windows.net"

I've also defined AzureWebJobsStorage__accountName

I seem to be very stuck, followed the azure guides, can't find anything I'm doing wrong.

1 Answers

Wow, this took me too long to figure out, although I'm not sure why it behaves this way.

Looks like the error message I was getting was very telling.

I switched "ServiceBusConnection_fullyQualifiedNamespace" to "ServiceBus_fullyQualifiedNamespace" because it said Service Bus account connection string 'ServiceBus' does not exist.

This did work. I'm still unclear as to why I can't name the connection prefix as I please.

Connection string details here

Related