Can we use HTML features in TinyTex (R Markdown)

Viewed 68

everyone! I'm VERY new to Rmarkdown, so this may be a silly question. I was able to use HTML tags when kniting html file. However, I'm wondering If I could also use them when kniting a pdf file? I'm a bit used to HTML, so it would really help me if I could keep on with the HTML tags for my pdf reports as well. This post helped me a bit, but not quite.

For Example, when kniting a html file it works just fine, I'd like to use the same labels with TinyTex...is it possible?

My code in HTMl

Thanks in advance

Maybe these packages and this IF may be useful, but, I still cannot use the proper html labels..

1 Answers

You can not use HTML in the Markdown document and then render it directly to PDF. However you could render the document to html and later covert it to pdf manually from browser print method or automatically e.g. with ‘pagedown::chrome_print’ package.

When the rmarkdown output is a pdf_output then a markdown is translated to latex and then rendered to pdf. There is no process to translate a part of the text from html to what … sth understandable and similar in latex.

Related