Unable to record video with RPi-Cam-Web-Interface with USB mounted

Viewed 36

I am trying to record a video using RPi-Cam-Web-Interface on my raspberry pi model 3b+ and saving it on my thumb-drive.

However, when trying to record a video with my thumb-drive mounted to /var/www/html/media it gives me an error mmal: mmal_port_disable: port vc.ril.video_encode:out:0(H264)(0x1234300) is not enabled

I tried changing gpu_mem=192 in /boot/config.txt and rebooting the raspberry pi but it still is giving me the error mmal: mmal_port_disable

1 Answers

I was unable to get it to work with FAT32 so I reformatted my thumb-drive to ext4. Then I created a directory to mount the usb to using:

mkdir /media/usb

and then editing the etc/fstab and adding to the bottom of the file (where xxxx-xxxx-xxxx is the UUID of the partition of the drive you are using):

UUID=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /path/to/usb ext4 defaults 0 0
/path/to/usb /var/www/html/media/ none bind 0 0

I also found that I had to give permissions to write to my usb using:

sudo chown www-data:www-data /path/to/usb

Related