I'm looking to get all sentences in a text file that contain at least one of the conjunctions in the list "conjunctions". However, when applying this function for the text in the variable "text_to_look" like this:
import spacy
lang_model = spacy.load("en_core_web_sm")
text_to_look = "A woman is looking at books in a library. She's looking to buy one, but she hasn't got any money. She really wanted to book, so she asks another customer to lend her money. The man accepts. They get along really well, so they both exchange phone numbers and go their separate ways."
def get_coordinate_sents(file_to_examine):
conjunctions = ['and', 'but', 'for', 'nor', 'or', 'yet', 'so']
text = lang_model(file_to_examine)
sentences = text.sents
for sentence in sentences:
coord_sents = []
if any(conjunction in sentence for conjunction in conjunctions):
coord_sents.append(sentence)
return coord_sents
wanted_sents = get_coordinate_sents(text_to_look)
I get this error message :
TypeError: Argument 'other' has incorrect type (expected spacy.tokens.token.Token, got str)
There seems to be something about spaCy that I'm not aware of and prevents me from doing this...