I understand that <dependencyManagement> config impacts to <dependencies> and transitive dependencies there. But also affects plugins under <pluginManagement> or <plugins>?
I have a case where is not happening, but just want to confirm if is a general behavior or something is wrong in my config.
Let's say that I need to use the-plugin, that has as dependency dep-a:1.0.
But I need to make that the-plugin uses dep-a:1.1 instead.
Is the following pom correctly configured to achieve this?
<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>group-a</groupId>
<artifactId>dep-a</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>
<build>
<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>group-plugin</groupId>
<artifactId>the-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0</version>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</pluginManagement>
</build>
I tested the above pom but is not working, I had to do the following to make it work as I need. Is this the correct configuration?
<dependencyManagement>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>group-a</groupId>
<artifactId>dep-a</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>
<build>
<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>group-plugin</groupId>
<artifactId>the-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0</version>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>group-a</groupId>
<artifactId>dep-a</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</pluginManagement>
</build>