DataTables Search function not aligned to table

Viewed 26

I seem to have an issue with the alignment of my search & page function. I am not sure why as I believe I have everything setup correctly. See image below.

Misalignment of Search function

My code for this table is:

<div class="column">
    <table class="table" id="table2">
        <thead>
        <tr>
            <th>Name</th>
            <th>Phone</th>
            <th>Email</th>
            <th>Company</th>
            <th>Contact Frequency</th>
            <th>First Contacted</th>
            <th>Action</th>
        </tr>
        </thead>
        <tbody>
        {% for people in records %}
        <tr>
            <td> {{ people['name'] }}</td>
            <td> {{ people['phone'] }}</td>
            <td><a href="mailto:{{ people['email'] }}">{{ people['email'] }}</a></td>
            <td> {{ people['company'] }}</td>
            <td> {{ people['frequency'] }}</td>
            <td> {{ people['datefc'] }}</td>
            <td><a href="{{ url_for('view', id=people['_id']) }}">View</a> | <a
                    href="{{ url_for('edit', id=people['_id']) }}">Edit</a> | <a href="/deletep/{{people._id}}" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to Remove?');">Delete</a>
            </td>
        </tr>
        {% endfor %}
        </tbody>
    </table>
</div>
<Script>
    $(document).ready( function () {
        $('#table2').DataTable();
    } );
</script>
{% endblock %}

EDIT

enter image description here

1 Answers

It's not that your search isn't aligned with the table, but that DataTables hasn't made the table element fill the width of its container for some reason. The fix is add a 100% width to the table element.

<table class="table" id="table2" style="width: 100%">
Related