Unable to get the auto-suggestion for annotations for springframework inspite of using the dependency

Viewed 23

I have create a spring project from spring initializer and have imported it to IntelliJ, have included the Web dependency while creation but i am not getting the auto suggestions for annotations though pom.xml has the dependency for it.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-test</artifactId>
        <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

I tried by restarting and loading the maven but still it doesnot work. Need certain assistance over here.

2 Answers

Can you show us your whole POM.XML file please? Are you sure that you have implemented the Spring Web dependency? Below I am showing you the XML code for Spring Web dependency. The aforementioned above is the test that it is being automatically provided in the Spring Project.

Furthermore please consider to reload your maven project for the dependencies to be applied.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-web</artifactId>
    </dependency>
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-web</artifactId>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-devtools</artifactId>
        <scope>runtime</scope>
        <optional>true</optional>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-test</artifactId>
        <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
        <artifactId>javax.servlet-api</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.embed</groupId>
        <artifactId>tomcat-embed-core</artifactId>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>
<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>
Related