I have been working on a firebase project in which I created a cloud function that creates documents in firestore. This is the function -
export const createExpenseCategory = functions
.region("europe-west1")
.https.onCall(async (data, context) => { // data is a string
if (!context.auth?.uid) { // check that requesting user is authenticated
throw new functions.https.HttpsError(
"unauthenticated",
"Not Authenticated"
);
}
const res = await admin
.firestore()
.collection("/categories/")
.where("uid", "==", context.auth.uid)
.get();
const categoryExists = res.docs.find((doc) => doc.data().name === data); // check that there are not duplicates.
// doc looks like this -
// {
// "name": "Food",
// "uid": "some_long_uid"
// }
if (categoryExists) {
throw new functions.https.HttpsError(
"already-exists",
`Category ${data} already exists`
);
}
return admin
.firestore()
.collection("/categories/")
.add({ name: data, uid: context.auth.uid });
});
As you can see, at the beginning of the function I check whether the user that sent the request is authenticated with the context parameter. Everything works fine when I play around with it in my web app, but I have been trying to figure out a way to create a unittest for this function. My problem is that I can't really figure out how to create an authenticated request to make sure that my function doesn't fail every time. I tried to look online for any documentation but couldn't seem to find any.
Thanks in advance!