How to get rid of 'Run script/Debug script' VS Code popup for scripts when hovering in package.json?

Viewed 21

When editing quickly in the package.json it's easy to accidentally hit a popup that VS Code recently seems to have introduced to start a debugger or execute a script. Working fast this is very unwanted behaviour for me as it executes stuff I don't like to be executed with all problems involved.

enter image description here

I've searched everywhere on how to turn this off, but can't find anything on this feature.

How to turn this feature off so we don't get these 'Run script' and 'Debug script' popups no more?

1 Answers

There is a new commit that adds a setting to disable these Run Script | Debug Script hover links, see Add option to disable script hovers in package.json files.

"Display hover with 'Run' and 'Debug' commands for scripts."
npm.scriptHover

defaults to true.

I don't think it'll hit Stable until v1.71 early September 2022. But Insiders soon.

Related