I am just starting out with javascript and I am trying to create an interactive web map....
I want to be able to position the map then press a button that will take a screenshot and save it to the computer.
Here is the code for my map.....
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Display a map on a webpage</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no">
<link href="https://api.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/v2.9.1/mapbox-gl.css" rel="stylesheet">
<script src="https://api.mapbox.com/mapbox-gl-js/v2.9.1/mapbox-gl.js"></script>
<style>
body { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
#map { position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; width: 100%; }
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="map"></div>
<script>
mapboxgl.accessToken = '[TOKEN]';
const map = new mapboxgl.Map({
container: 'map', // container ID
style: 'mapbox://styles/charlie-enright/cl5b8bjil002y14o5u8xrssah', // style URL
center: [-4.369240916438415, 51.925803756014965], // starting position [lng, lat]
zoom: 8, // starting zoom
projection: 'globe' // display the map as a 3D globe
});
map.on('style.load', () => {
map.setFog({}); // Set the default atmosphere style
});
</script>
</body>
</html>
I have tried using html2canvas (https://codepen.io/samsammurphy/pen/VXdOPv) but the button seems to end up in a layer behind my map and I can not take a screenshot of the displayed map.
Any ideas how I could create a button that allows for a screenshot to be taken which saves to the computer will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,