I have this dataframe:
df = pd.DataFrame({
'ID': [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1],
'Condition': [False, False, True, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, True, False]})
ID Condition
0 1 False
1 1 False
2 1 True
3 1 False
4 1 False
5 1 False
6 1 False
7 1 False
8 1 False
9 1 False
10 1 True
11 1 False
I want to add a new column Sequence with a sequence of numbers. The condition is when the first True appears in the Condition column, the following rows must contain the sequence 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3... until another True appears again, at which point the sequence is restarted again. Furthermore, ideally, until the first True appears, the values in the new column should be 0. El resultado final sería:
ID Condition Sequence
0 1 False 0
1 1 False 0
2 1 True 1
3 1 False 2
4 1 False 3
5 1 False 1
6 1 False 2
7 1 False 3
8 1 False 1
9 1 False 2
10 1 True 1
11 1 False 2
I have tried to do it with cumsum and cumcount but I can't find the exact code.
Any suggestion?