I'm trying to remove a large amount of text from a file before inserting a few new lines. I can delete everything after the word 'CParticleSystemDefinition' with a single line of code like this
perl -0777 -pi -we "s/CParticleSystemDefinition\x22\K.*/\n}/s" "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\custom\particles\generic_gameplay\winter_effects_creep.vpcf"
But when I try to change the code slightly so that it adds a few new lines like this, it doesn't work
perl -0777 -pi -we "s/CParticleSystemDefinition\x22\K.*/\n m_Children = \n [\n {\n m_ChildRef = resource:\x22particles/generic_gameplay/winter_effects_breath.vpcf\x22\n },\n ]\n}/s" "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons\custom\particles\generic_gameplay\winter_effects_creep.vpcf"
So, basically, what I want to do is make this file
{
_class = "CParticleSystemDefinition"
m_bShouldHitboxesFallbackToRenderBounds = false
m_nMaxParticles = 24
m_flConstantRadius = 15.000000
m_flConstantLifespan = 0.500000
m_ConstantColor =
[
212,
170,
145,
255,
]
m_bShouldSort = false
m_Renderers =
[
{
_class = "C_OP_RenderSprites"
m_nSequenceCombineMode = "SEQUENCE_COMBINE_MODE_USE_SEQUENCE_0"
m_bMod2X = true
m_nOrientationType = 3
m_hTexture = resource:"materials/particle/footprints/footprints_generic.vtex"
m_flAnimationRate = 1.000000
},
]
m_Emitters =
[
{
_class = "C_OP_ContinuousEmitter"
m_flEmitRate = 10.000000
m_flStartTime = 0.500000
m_nScaleControlPoint = 5
},
]
}
look like this
{
_class = "CParticleSystemDefinition"
m_Children =
[
{
m_ChildRef = resource:"particles/generic_gameplay/winter_effects_breath.vpcf"
},
]
}