I have the following models (simplified):
class Resource(models.Model):
name = models.CharField(max_length=64, unique=True)
class ResourceFlow(models.Model):
resource = models.ForeignKey(Resource, related_name="flow")
amount = models.IntegerField()
class Workflow(models.Model):
inputs = models.ManyToManyField(ResourceFlow, related_name="workflow")
class Stock(models):
resource = models.ForeignKey(Resource, related_name="stock")
amount = models.IntegerField()
class Producer(models.Model):
workflow = models.ForeignKey(Workflow, related_name="location")
stocks = models.ManyToManyField(Stock, related_name="location")
I would like to test with computation done by the the DB engine if I can start a production.
A production can start if I have enough stock: for my Producer's workflow, all inputs ResourcesFlow amount have to be present in the Producer'stocks
So the queryset might be one those result:
- for a given producer return all stocked resources that do not fulfill Workflow inputs amounts conditions
- for a given producer return inputs resources needed for the workflow that are not in sufficient quantity in its stocks
It is possible to do that in Django? And if yes how to do it?