Can you do syntax highlight for Firebase security rules in a markdown file?

Viewed 41

This is a very superficial question, but I'd like to get some docs I'm working on as clean as possible. Is there a way to highlight Firebase security rule syntax in a markdown file? What I'm looking for is something like this:

```firebase-security-rules
service cloud.firestore {
    match /databases/{database}/documents {
    }
}
```

I've found examples such as this repo (they specify text after the backticks) and this repo (they specify javascript after the backticks). I've also found a plug-in to do syntax highlights for security rules in the IntelliJ IDE, but this is not what I'm looking for either.

I only want to know if there is a way to add specific color highlighting for the Firebase security rule language.

PS: not sure if this is the right community to ask this, if you have any objections let me know.

0 Answers
Related