I am trying to find the first date of each category then subtract 5 days AND I want to keep the days inbetween! this is where I am struggling. I tried seq() but it gave me an error, so I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.
I am able to get 5 days prior to my start date for each category, but I can't figure out how to get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 days prior to my start date!
The error I got is this (for the commented out part of the code): Error in seq.default(., as.Date(first_day), by = "day", length.out = 5) : 'from' must be of length 1
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
library ("lubridate")
library("dplyr")
library("tidyr")
data <- data.frame(date = c("2020-06-08",
"2020-06-09",
"2020-06-10",
"2020-06-11",
"2020-06-12",
"2021-07-13",
"2021-07-14",
"2021-07-15",
"2021-08-16",
"2021-08-17",
"2021-08-18",
"2021-09-19",
"2021-09-20"),
value = c(2,1,7,1,0,1,2,3,4,7,6,5,10),
category = c(1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4))
data$date <- as.Date(data$date)
View(data)
test_dates <- data %>%
group_by(category) %>%
arrange(date) %>%
slice(1L) %>% #takes first date
mutate(first_day = as.Date(date) - 5)#%>%
#seq(as.Date(first_day),by="day",length.out=5)
#error for seq(): Error in seq.default(., as.Date(first_day), by = "day", length.out = 5) : 'from' must be of length 1
head(test_dates)
The answer I'm looking for should include these dates but in a column format! I'm also trying to input NA in the value category if the value doesnt already exist. I want to keep all possible columns, as the dataframe I'm needing to use this on has about 20 columns
Dates: "2020-06-03 ", "2020-06-04", "2020-06-05", "2020-06-06", "2020-06-07", "2020-06-08", "2020-07-08 ", "2020-07-09", "2020-07-10", "2020-07-11", "2020-07-12", "2021-07-13", "2020-08-11 ", "2020-08-12", "2020-08-13", "2020-08-14", "2020-08-15", "2021-08-16", "2020-09-14 ", "2020-09-15", "2020-09-16", "2020-09-17", "2020-09-18", "2021-09-19",
Related question here: How do I subset my df for the minimum date based on one category and including x days before that?

