I've got this code:
const a = 2; // always > 0 and known in advance
const b = 3; // always > 0 and known in advance
const c = 4; // always > 0 and known in advance
for (let x = 0; x <= a; x++) {
for (let y = 0; y <= b; y++) {
for (let z = 0; z <= c; z++) {
for (let p = 0; p <= 1; p++) {
for (let q = 0; q <= 2; q++) {
let u = b + x - y + p;
let v = a + b + 2 * c - x - y - 2 * z + q;
let w = c + x + y - z;
}
}
}
}
}
The code generates (a+1)*(b+1)*(c+1)*2*3 triplets of (u,v,w), each of them is unique. And because of that fact, I think it should be possible to write reversed version of this algorithm that will calculate x,y,z,p,q based on u,v,w. I understand that there are only 3 equations and 5 variables to get, but known boundaries for x,y,z,p,q and the fact that all variables are integers should probably help.
for (let u = ?; u <= ?; u++) {
for (let v = ?; v <= ?; v++) {
for (let w = ?; w <= ?; w++) {
x = ?;
y = ?;
z = ?;
p = ?;
q = ?;
}
}
}
I even managed to produce the first line: for (let u = 0; u <= a + b + 1; u++) by taking the equation for u and finding min and max but I'm struggling with moving forward. I understand that min and max values for v are depending on u, but can't figure out the formulas.
Examples are in JS, but I will be thankful for any help in any programming language or even plain math formulas.
If anyone is interested in what this code is actually about - it projects voxel 3d model to triangles on a plain. u,v are resulting 2d coordinates and w is distance from the camera. Reversed algorithm will be actually a kind of raytracing.
UPDATE: Using line equations from 2 points I managed to create minmax conditions for v and code now looks like this:
for (let u = 0; u <= a + b + 1; u++) {
let minv = u <= a ? a - u : -a + u - 1;
let maxv = u <= b ? a + 2 * c + u + 2 : a + 2 * b + 2 * c - u + 3;
for (let v = minv; v <= maxv; v++) {
...
}
}
I think I know what to do with x, y, z, p, q on the last step so the problem left is minw and maxw. As far as I understand those values should depend both on u and v and I must use plane equations?