I updated poetry to latest stable 1.1.14 release and immediately ran into some strange environment handling issues. Adding select packages (seemingly randomly, e.g. pandas and pynvim) fail with a 'PythonInfo' object has no attribute 'version_nodot' error, which renders poetry largely unusable.
Creating virtualenv testpoetry-g4SgMX0R-py3.8 in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\pypoetry\Cache\virtualenvs
AttributeError
'PythonInfo' object has no attribute 'version_nodot'
at ~\AppData\Roaming\pypoetry\venv\lib\site-packages\virtualenv\create\via_global_ref\builtin\cpython\cpython3.py:122 in python_zip
118│ "python{VERSION}.zip" and "python{VERSION}._pth" files. User can
119│ move/rename *zip* file and edit `sys.path` by editing *_pth* file.
120│ Here the `pattern` is used only for the default *zip* file name!
121│ """
→ 122│ pattern = "*python{}.zip".format(interpreter.version_nodot)
123│ matches = fnmatch.filter(interpreter.path, pattern)
124│ matched_paths = map(Path, matches)
125│ existing_paths = filter(method("exists"), matched_paths)
126│ path = next(existing_paths, None)
Any idea what might be going wrong here or have the same/similar issue?
I've since updated to the --preview version of Poetry which now superficially respects my conda environment when forced to through the config option virtualenvs.prefer-active-python = true. But I say superficially, since it still seems to fail in the pypoetry\venv\ folder as in the trace above (not sure why it has to go there if it's operating in the conda env in the first place).
Any ideas more than welcome, thanks.