Im new to Elasticsearch and I would like to know if there are any good practices for the use case I have.
I have heterogeneous data sent from an API that I save into a database (as a JSON) then save in Elasticsearch for search purposes. The data in sent in this format (because it's heterogeneous, the users can send any type of data, some metadata can be multivalued, other single values and the name of the key in the JSON may vary :)
{
"indices":{
"MultipleIndices":[
{
"index":"editors",
"values":[
"The Editing House",
"Volcan Editing"
]
},
{
"index":"colors",
"values":[
"Red",
"Blue"
]
}
],
"SimpleIndices":[
{
"index":"AuthorName",
"value": "George R. R. Martin"
},
{
"index":"NumberOfPages",
"value":"2898"
},
{
"index":"BookType",
"value":"Fantasy"
}
]
}
}
Once we receive this JSON, its formatted in the code and stored as a JSON in a database with this format :
{
"indices":{
"editors":[
"The Editing House",
"Volcan Editing"
],
"colors":[
"Red",
"Blue"
],
"AuthorName" : "George R. R. Martin"
"NumberOfPages" : "2898",
"BookType" : "Fantasy"
}
}
I then want to save this data into Elasticsearch, what's the best way I can map it ? Store it as a JSON in one field ? Will the search be efficilent if I do it this way ?