When I try to install certain packages (imputeTS) that need libRblas.so which AFAIK refers to OpenBLAS I get an error that it was not found:
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared object '/home/jay/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.2/fracdiff/libs/fracdiff.so':
libRblas.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Calls: <Anonymous> ... asNamespace -> loadNamespace -> library.dynam -> dyn.load
Execution halted
However, the sessionInfo() indicates, that R actually finds it.
> sessionInfo()
R version 4.2.1 (2022-06-23)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Matrix products: default
BLAS: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libblas.so.3
LAPACK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas-pthread/libopenblasp-r0.3.20.so
I learned from this thread that "maybe ... another version of R [was built] and it sits in ... [the] $PATH before the packaged version", which is likely to be the case; my former R version 4.2.0 was a self-compiled one, and I removed it by downloading the source again and ./configure - make uninstall. This one is installed via sudo apt install r-base-core, though. Probably now there is a mess somewhere. Unfortunately the cited thread was solved differently, and I'm looking now for the respective conclusion.
Here is some more information:
whereis R gives
~$ whereis R
R: /usr/bin/R /usr/lib/R /usr/lib64/R /etc/R /usr/local/lib/R /usr/share/R /usr/share/man/man1/R.1.gz
From the respective files from the error message, using sudo find ~ -name '<file>', fracdiff.so was found, whereas libRblas.so wasn't.
~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.2/fracdiff/libs/fracdiff.so
I already tried,
~$ sudo apt install libopenblas-dev
but obviously it is installed.
libopenblas-dev is already the newest version (0.3.20+ds-1).
Following the suggestions of this, libRlapack.so and libRblas.so obviously don't exist on my system, and the other suggestion just gives:
~$ sudo update-alternatives --config libblas.so
update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for libblas.so