Occasional slow response from the grids in Genexus grid

Viewed 53

Sometimes I have problems with Work With Plus regarding grids when I try to sort by the values ​​of a column. The SQL database that provides that data does not have an index on that column, but most of the time it is pretty quick to give me an answer also because the records are not very many, but in some cases I cannot identify the sorting is a lot slow and loads even more than a minute. Anyone know where this problem could be coming from? At the moment I work with genexus 17U6, WWP 14 3.2, but the problem also occurs in the past in other projects

1 Answers

You can use the GeneXus log to a file (https://wiki.genexus.com/commwiki/servlet/wiki?36304,Log+level+property), and then run the slow program and analyze where the delay in execution is occurring. There you can see the slow sentence and optimize it in the database. You should have to reduce the number of records that the query is returning.

You can also enable the SQL Server Profiler, for slow statements or those that consume many resources.

Related