I am using .NET Framework 4.8 by necessity. I am running into an issue where:
UserPrincipal.FindByIdentity(context, username); is resulting in a System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.MultipleMatchesException exception for a specific username. I can retrieve other users just fine.

There are two accounts in my Active Directory that this user utilizes, however, both of them have different UPNs, sAMAccountNames, etc.
I took a look at the IdentityType enum and the FindByIdentity overload that allows for an exact IdentityType look-up. With this information, I used each possible IdentityType and tried the searches:

None of these lines of code result in a System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.MultipleMatchesException exception. The Sid and Guid look-ups fail because the username field isn't in the right format, and the other look-ups either pull the user or pull null.
So what am I missing here? Does the overload that leaves out a specific IdentityType do a different look-up than anything that's possible by supplying an IdentityType?
Edit #1: As Alex pointed out, I left out that I tried IdentityType.UserPrincipalName from my screenshot. This was just a cropping mistake. That call also does not throw an exception.
