I want to build a car list app that will show a list of cars, and when I click on a car's details button, it will route it to another component/page that will show the details of cars. I can get the key (vin for me) but I want to get the details of the car for each key(vin) on this page.It's like http://localhost:3000/cars/WAUZZZ4G6FN052847= key. So when a car's key will show up, all details will come due to their key number. Thank you.
index.html
import React from "react";
import ReactDOM from "react-dom/client";
import "./index.css";
import App from "./App";
import { BrowserRouter, Routes, Route, Outlet, } from "react-router-dom";
import DummyComponent from "./components/DummyComponent";
import CarDetails from "./pages/CarDetails";
import { Home } from "@mui/icons-material";
import Cars from "./pages/Cars";
const root = ReactDOM.createRoot(document.getElementById("root"));
root.render(
<BrowserRouter>
<Routes>
<Route path="/" element={<App />} />
<Route path="/cars" element={<Outlet />} >
<Route path="list" element={<Cars />} />
<Route path=":vin" element={<CarDetails />} />
</Route>
<Route path="Home" element={<Home />} />
<Route path="DummyComponent" element={<DummyComponent />} />
</Routes>
</BrowserRouter>
);
Cars.js
import axios from "axios";
import React, { useEffect, useState } from "react";
import List from '@mui/material/List';
import ListItem from '@mui/material/ListItem';
import ListItemButton from '@mui/material/ListItemButton';
import ListItemText from '@mui/material/ListItemText';
import { Link } from "react-router-dom";
const App = () => {
const [cars, setCars] = useState([])
const getCarData = async () => {
try {
const data = await axios.get("https://react-challenge-api.azurewebsites.net/vehicles")
setCars(data.data)
}
catch (e) {
console.log(e)
}
}
useEffect(() => {
getCarData()
}, [])
return (
<div className="App">
<List sx={{ width: '100%', maxWidth: 600, bgcolor: 'background.paper' }}>
{cars.map((car) => (
<ListItemButton key={car.vin}>
<ListItem
key={car.vin}
disableGutters
secondaryAction={
<ListItemButton >
<Link to={`/cars/${car.vin}`}>details</Link>
</ListItemButton>
}
>
<ListItemText key={car.vin} primary={car.model_variant} />
</ListItem>
</ListItemButton>
))
}
</List >
</div >
);
};
export default App;
CarDetails.js (I want to show each data in this component, I used params but I don't know how to get data due to params.
import { useParams } from "react-router-dom";
const CarDetails = () => {
let params = useParams();
return (
<>
<h1>car</h1>
<ul>
this is your {params.vin}
</ul>
</>
)
}
export default CarDetails;