RabbitMQ / rstream : Can I choose between getting all messages or all messages since the start of the program?

Viewed 15

I am currently attempting to use some RabbitMQ streams for the purposes of my project

I have attempted to use the rstream library such as recommended on the RabbitMQ website in order to do so and it works to an extent but is has no documentation and I cannot get it to work as I need.

I would like to be able to be able to choose to get from an index such as the last previously processed message or from the start ( such as the code example shows )

Currently my solution is to name the messages in a way that would include the date and then parse the names in order to know from where I need to start. This is not ideal and can cause issues if I start to accumulate many messages

How can I get the messages starting from the last received message rather than from the start ? ( if my program is restarted for what ever reason as an example )

0 Answers
Related