Shopware 6 determine version

Viewed 95

I have a shopware installation with the dev template. There is no .git folder so I don´t know which Shopware version or commit was/is used. In the composer.json I have something like this: "shopware/platform": "6.4.x@dev" So I know it was 6.4.x But no minor version or which commit.

My plan is to migrate this to the production template but I want to do a diff (with the original version) and migrate some things into plugins (which where changed in the platform).

Is there an other way to determine the shopware version?

2 Answers

You can find the installed version either in the composer.lock by searching e.g. shopware/administration

"name": "shopware/administration", "version": "6.4.12.0",

or you can login into the admin interface and in the upper left corner you also find the version.

enter image description here

Or if you don't have a composer installation, the only way to find out will be to compare the existing migration files and other recently changing files and folders unfortunatelly.

https://github.com/shopware/platform/tree/trunk/src/Core/Migration

You can pin the Shopware version to a specific release in the composer.json e.g. by setting it to "shopware/platform": "6.4.13.0". You could then run composer install again but there might be differences in the database structure, changed administration builds and so on. So once you pin the version it might be best to run ./psh.phar install which will do all of that (including the composer install step). You can find all available versions over at Packagist.

Related