IS there a way we can do fuzzy matching in Supabase Table. I am looking to find match between words like "cherly" and "cher!y". I tried fts, plfts, phfts and wfts but none of them do partial matching.
Is there a way to do fuzzy matching in Supabase?
IS there a way we can do fuzzy matching in Supabase Table. I am looking to find match between words like "cherly" and "cher!y". I tried fts, plfts, phfts and wfts but none of them do partial matching.
Is there a way to do fuzzy matching in Supabase?
Check out these extensions:
In your case you might want the levenshtein function (fuzzystrmatch) which would detect that there is only 1 character difference
SELECT levenshtein('cherly', 'cher!y');
result
| levenshtein |
| ----------- |
| 1 |
You can mix & match functions, wrap them up into an Postgres Function, then call them as an RPC (https://supabase.com/docs/reference/javascript/rpc)