I have a local state selectedProducts holding a number representing the number of products the client has selected, while exiting the screen I want to update the number in redux so it can be viewed in the cart on a different screen.
but every time my local selectedProducts updates it stacks another function call on beforeRemove event
I know this is a noob problem but I've spent hours trying to find a solution to this problem and advice would be very helpful :)
useEffect(()=>{
navigation.addListener('beforeRemove', () => {
console.log('check this', selectedProducts);
if (!selectedProducts) {
return;
}
dispatch(addToCartMultipleQty(selectedProducts));
});
},[selectedProducts])
selectedProducts is a number state whose initial value is null and on a button click event its value is either incremented or decremented by 1, if its previous value is null then its value is set to 1
Note: I just want to update selectedProducts state's latest value only once in redux when the screen is about to be exited/unmonted