Hash value file different MD5

Viewed 35

I'm curious, why I can't get the same value of hashed file. For example I have a named file filename1.xlsx, I do the hash and got the result, then I change some value on the row, and got the result. Now, when I trying change the value to the first value before, it got the different result with the first one.

The syntax I used:

certutil -hashfile .\filename1.xlsx MD5

Here are the example:

  1. Default (result : 87f77b788fcd3d6f46376c02fa4b0bb4)
+----------+
| Testing  |
+----------+
| Rudy     |
| Tri      |
| Saputra  |
+----------+
  1. Changed (result: 98278a1caaff975584d455a8d9261d06)
+----------+
| Testing  |
+----------+
| Rudy     |
| x        |
| Saputra  |
+----------+
  1. Rollback (result: 5324b0df5e694dda197a9ea874f6e0c0)
+----------+
| Testing  |
+----------+
| Rudy     |
| Tri      |
| Saputra  |
+----------+

The value from Default and Rollback was different, can I know why?

0 Answers
Related